9.3.05

Torvalds DOES NOT USE A MAC!

There have been remarks that Linus Torvalds (one of the greatest contributor, in my opinion, to the computer world and father of the Linux kernel) has switched to an Apple Macintosh as his main desktop. Full article can be found here.

I would like to clear this up a little by saying that his main desktop is NOT really a Mac. He clearly states that "it obviously only runs Linux, so I don't think you can call it a Mac any more." And I couldn't agree more. It annoys me that Mac proponents are trying to claim this as a victory for the Mac. He simply uses the architecture, NOT the whole "Mac experience."

So in summation, Linus Torvalds does not use a mac! His main desktop is Linux running on a PowerPC architecture!

Now to just figure out which distro he runs........

1 Comments:

Blogger kayla-- said...

we're using the same site.

how interesting lol

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home